Monday, July 24, 2023

A New Week

We woke up to a rainy day today after rain most of the night. As this is farming season, people are happy for the rain.

I did not have any elective cases but did have 2 emergency cases. The first was a little 3-year-old who had a typhoid intestinal perforation. I did a laparotomy and oversewed the hole. Hopefully he will do well. There is about a 25% mortality rate.

The second case was late this afternoon. A 70+ year old woman with an incarcerated inguinal hernia. I can assure you, you do not want to see pictures from that case. She had a small loop of necrotic bowel and needed to have that part removed. We resected the dead bowel and then joined the two ends back together.

I don't have any pictures of the patients or the cases but here is one of me getting ready to do the incarcerated hernia.


                                           



No comments:

Post a Comment