Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Long Day Today

 Today was a long day. Well, still 24 hours long, but there was a lot going on and it started early and ended  late.



This is the main operating room and I started there this morning. I was at the hospital around 7AM hoping to get an early start on cases. But things don't always go as planned (in fact, rarely do they go as planned). I finally started about 8.

Finished the first case around 9:15 (I am getting slower in my old age, I guess). Then I went with Elisabeth to a village about 4 miles from (6.5 km) from the hospital.





We rode in another yellow-yellow. It cost less than $4. We went with the teacher who runs a school there. We have been helping him build better classrooms so we wanted to see how things are going. He has been doing well and his students are doing well after finishing.






The new classroom block.


One of the classrooms.


Another classroom





Classroom of younger kids










                                                      The old classroom block still being used


After returning from the school, I did another case before lunch and then returned after lunch to do 4 more cases, including an emergency laparotomy for SB perforation due to typhoid. FInally got home for supper at 7 PM.




No comments:

Post a Comment