Saturday, July 15, 2023

2023 Visit

 Elisabeth and I are back at Baptist Medical Centre in Nalerigu, Ghana. The place has changed so much over the past few years. Nalerigu is now regional capital. It looks more like a small city/big town now. One of my sisters came with us. She was working here also as a public health nurse before going to Niger where she worked for almost 20 years.

I am here to help fill in for Dr. Heidi Haun who has gone with her family to a meeting and then vacation. I cannot replace her, but hopefull can help out a little surgically. 

We arrived here in Nalerigu yesterday (Friday 14 July) in time for a late lunch. It was a long and tiring trip so we have spent most of today resting. I did go to the hospital to see what is going on up there. They showed me a little girl who needed surgery and I did that this afternoon. She had a perforation of the small bowel due to typhoid.

I will try to write updates here as often as I can. And hopefully post some pictures. I am also posting on Instagram @faile.george.

No comments:

Post a Comment