Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Back in Ghana!

Dr. Paul Shumpert and I arrived in Accra this afternoon and are now at the guest house. It is fairly cool since it has rained here all day today. Hopefully we will both be able to get a good night's sleep. I do not sleep well while traveling and am really tired after being on the way for 24 + hours.

Don and Kathleen Price were so helpful in getting me and all my luggage to the airport. Elisabeth and I both really appreciate their help. I had 3 bags each right at the limit in weight so it would have been difficult to carry on MARTA and Elisabeth did not really want to drive through Atlanta by herself if she had taken me all the way to the airport. So a BIG THANK YOU to the Prices for their help.

Tomorrow Paul and I are hoping to meet with the chairman of the hospital board so we can get to know him a little and so we can share ideas about the future of the hospital and what we all can do to help.

I know everyone really would rather see pictures, but I thought I would write about the trip so far while I have fairly good internet access. When we get to Nalerigu, I will try to post pictures if we have good access.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts, prayers and support.


No comments:

Post a Comment